Sunday, March 16, 2008

meeting with the instructor

Again, i was asked to meet my instructor to discuss about my draft of research paper. She wants to give her comment regarding my research and then, she asks me to re-do it. during the meeting, she asks me to improve on the language, introduction and the implications on teaching. besides that, she also wants me to cut down a few unnecessary things on the playwrights' biography because she said it is to long. According to her, the content and my argument on the points are sufficient but i have to check the grammar. after discussing and commenting on what have to be improved, we discussed with her about the due date to submit the final draft. fortunately, Cik Sharifah is very considerate and understanding. she gave us enough time to re-do the assignment and come out with final product. so, the due date decided was on the next Friday, which 1 week after the meeting.

apart from that, she also comment on my thesis statement. she asked me to change the thesis statement which really suits the supportiong points. basically, she said that she can understand what i want to say but the thesis statement is not really reliable. so, she suggest me to quote one line from my argument to use it as my thesis statement. this is because she found out that there is one line that is more suitable than my existing thesis statement.

No comments: